Quinta Simoni Museum, National Monument since 2005.
The current Quinta Simoni Museum is located in the house built in 1848 near the Villa de Santa María del Puerto del Príncipe by order of the surgeon José Ramón Simoni Ricardo (Amalia’s father).
The Fifth House was called Tínima, because it crossed the river with that name, a section of the land.
It is the only suburban mansion in this World Heritage city in the Camagüey province, about 570 kilometers east of Havana, which maintains its period characteristics et it witnessed one of the greatest loves of the 19th century in Cuba, that of Amalia Simoni and Ignacio Agramonte.
The house reflects the construction of the time: two floors, solid structure, simplicity in its forms and excellent work in the carpentry.
The beautiful neoclassical stately building of the Simoni-Argilagos family has three interior gardens, including the one mentioned by Agramonte in letters to Amalia, with a marble fountain and a gazebo, a place where the two lovers walked, Amalia Simoni with Ignacio Agramonte Loynaz.
The Spanish authorities devastated the house practically by example for the rest of the people of Camagüey, there the heart of independence beat.
It was sold and divided into parcels and at the revolutionary triumph of 1959 it was a barracks where 26 families lived.
The Quinta Simoni Museum was restored and declared a National Monument, where the dedication of specialists in the preservation of heritage assets is encouraged and also recognized.
Today the institution jealously guards various objects that belonged to the family and Ignacio, there is even a Carrara marble bathtub.
There are ten permanent exhibition rooms and a temporary one, all decorated with ornaments and furniture from the 19th century.
The two typical interior courtyards of the territory are added with their jars and abundant vegetation.
From there, bibliographic loans, conferences, events are prepared and directed and specialized visits are carried out, as well as oral consultations and thesis consultancy.